(Leftovers - forgot to snap a shot first!)
This recipe is thanks to my "Cousin" (AKA, best neighbor EVER - MISS YOU!!) and I finally made it the other day for my picky little God Daughter eater - and it was DELICIOUS. Just don't think about how much fatty goodness you're putting in the pan, and you'll be FINE.
Poppy Seed Chicken Bake
Chicken Breasts (I'd recommend at least 6 medium - you're going to chop it up though, so a giant can of chicken or any other shape chicken is fine too)
8 oz Sour Cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 rolls ritz crackers
1.5 Sticks of butter, melted (I broke down at the end and only used 1... we were only feeding 4 for goodness sake!)
- Preheat your oven to 350* because this takes no time to prepare - or prepare your pan ahead and just wait till you're ready for dinner to preheat the oven.
- Boil chicken to cook, and chop into chunks
- In pan (I used a large rectangular pyrex) combine sour cream, chicken soup, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder (add to taste - or a generous "sprinkle" across the entire pan of each)
- Break up the ritz crackers - a fairly easy and less messy method is to crunch them IN their sleeves, and pour out when ready. Also helps since you can crush them ahead of time)
- In a large bowl, mix the crackers, poppy seeds and butter. (I melted the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and added the crackers and poppy seeds in and just made sure to stir well - less to clean later!)
- Pour the cracker mix on top of the chicken mix and place in oven for 30 minutes
Serve over rice (and with some kind of veggie - we at the famous Peas, because God Daughter actually LOVES them)
Out comes a crunchy, oh so delicious meal that requires no knives. :-P Just scoop and eat. SO glad I snagged this recipe from you Cousin! It was a HIT with Hubby AND picky God Daughter!