May 20, 2011

Food Friday - Snapple

So since being preggers, I've found I can't make it all the way through the grocery store without something to eat and drink... and of all places, the grocery store seems the oddest to "bring your own food". SO, I've been treating myself with those little-kid individual boxes of goldfish (if a Toddler can eat it, a pregnant woman can in my mind) and a Raspberry Snapple. The thing is, as soon as I finish a Snapple, I want MORE... so I decided I should see if I could make something similar at home (as I could PROBABLY drink it by the gallon).



SO, here is what I made today, although I may make additional tweaks in the future.

Ingredients:
8 Cups Water
1 Green Tea teabag
1 Black Tea teabag
2tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Raspberry sauce (like for coffee - often in the coffee isle even)

Directions: boil 8 cups water, then remove from heat and put in 2 teabags (1 green tea and 1 black tea). Let sit for at least 2 hours. It can sit as long as you want though, no worries. I let mine sit overnight.

Take the teabags out (don't squeeze them!) and add the sugar. It'll take a bit to mix if the liquid isn't hot still, but it WILL mix. Then add 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp raspberry sauce, stir and cool.

Personally, I found it a little weak and a little sweet, so next time I'll  use 2 teabags of each and keep everything else the same... if it's still too sweet, I'll reduce my sugar, BUT, it might just need to be colder as colder things don't taste AS sweet as room temp or warm things. Interesting tidbit, yea?

Do YOU have a favorite flavor of iced tea? In looking stuff up, it appears that all snapple is made of the same base, and flavor is just added... so make your ::insert flavor here:: tea the same way, but replace the raspberry with a different flavored sauce!

Don't forget the lemon juice though ;)

-Betsy

No comments: