March 17, 2010

And then there were Cats

So as you all know, I've been spending the week with my friend Melissa in Georgia. I love chillin with her, and we've been having a grand old time. Included in my "activities" this week is my acceptance into her "pride". She's got 3 cats...

Beowulf

Beowulf is the definition of "scared-y cat" but over the past few days has decided I'm OK, and has cuddled with me a few times (sat on my feet) - I'm the 4th person that's happened with... ever. I think it's the fact that I brushed him. Melissa agrees.

Grendel

Grendel is "head cat" around here, and is the more social of the two older cats. He drinks out of a pint glass and has learned how to spell "out" - so "out" is now "you know where" or as I like to call it... "the word" :-P He's taken to sleeping on the top of the couch until I actually lie down for the night, and thinks I might even give him food now and again.

And Inara

Inara is the "kitten" of the pride, and is the only one brave enough to sit NEXT to me on the couch without a TON of coaching. She was brave enough to come back downstairs after Melissa fell asleep and try and sleep with me. Scared the ever-loving out of me when she went to climb on my legs. But I figured that it took her a lot of courage to stalk me long enough to climb up (I'd noticed her pacing on the coffee table for a while beforehand), and she didn't run away when I screamed (when she scared me) so I made room. I'm writing this for posting tomorrow, and she was much quicker today to climb up on the couch next to me... I kind of wonder if I'll be sleeping on the floor tonight...

So I suppose I'm part of "the pride" now... I hope they don't miss me TOO much when I leave!

No comments: