April 27, 2010

The postman.... Charter's screwed me again...

I like our postman. He's a nice guy, everyone has nice things to say about him, but he's got his quirks. One being that every time I try and watch a DVD in the morning/afternoon (around lunch time) he comes by about 15 minutes before my movie is finished and ready to go back into it's little Netflix envelope and into the mailbox. Grrr. I can usually still see his truck, but you know me... I'm surely not running down the street to return a movie. That's why we have Netflix, so I don't have to try too hard to get the movie back at the store. When I'm NOT trying to get a movie (or something else generally) in the mail... he comes at like, 3:30 (an hour after I'm usually done with my movies). Somehow he has "foil-Betsy's-Plans-ESP"... today however, that was not the issue. Today, he scared me. Lets say that he pulled a "pick up the mail 15 minutes early" trick on me yesterday... and I managed to get my letter in a mailbox anyway. And then today, I get ANOTHER letter from Charter (who I hate - their customer service is awful and I will never use them again) but they must know that I just throw away their letters without opening them, because they started sending them in generic envelopes... in any event - the envelope wasn't sealed well, so I wrote a "STOP MAILING ME THIS CRAP AND KILLING TREES" note in red sharpie on their letter, put it back in the envelope, and wrote "Return to Sender, Unsolicited Mail" on it. I dunno... maybe they'll get the idea. I also got a letter from Dish, and was in a foul mood, so wrote on that envelope as well. These two letters, as well as an Etsy shipment and a Netflix movie (obviously) went in the mailbox today and the little flag went up. I ran some errands, and when I got back, the little flag was down, there was new mail in the box, and on top of it... my Etsy shipment and Netflix movie. Did I notice the netflix? no. Did I immediately remember my previous Etsy shipment that "made its way to the mail"? yes. was I scared poopless that my etsy shipment was now floating around who knows where, but NOT in the mail system? yes. Did I go hunting for it? Yes. Thankfully, I didn't get shot doing so, and it wasn't there, and I eventually realized that netflix was there too, and that the Postman probably just had to put my nasty letters in a different box, and got sidetracked, thereby re-inserting my "to be mailed" letters back into my box with the new mail. I hope.  Either way - the Etsy order will  have to go out tomorrow, cause the post office is closed, and we'll see for sure if it's a problem with the envelope, or a simple "this lady is crazy if she thinks Charter will leave her alone" mistake...

No comments: