March 25, 2011

Food Friday - Double Mint

So I've recently started attempting to keep track of what I'm eating. Except I'm also finding at the end of a "good" day, I'll say: I have 300 calories left! COOKIES! :-P... so I might as well share the recipe that's keeping me from NOT eating that extra 300 calories :-P


 I had these mint chocolate chips (from Hershey's) because I thought they were cool (and they were on sale). And they've been sitting in my cabinet for quite some time. So Hubby and I decided we should make chocolate chocolate chip cookies with them... but we're BOTH fans of CHEWY cookies... so the experiment started. And I will tell you, that it did not have the intended outcome... but WHO CARES?!? these are delicious!

I had a recipe from a friend that kept cookies chewy with pudding... and I'd read that margerine keeps cookies chewy... so I decided to employ both. It MIGHT have been a little extra chewy-ness, because as you can see... the cookies are more... ball shaped, than flat. In fact, while they puffed up a bit, they didn't really CHANGE SHAPE like normal cookies do when you bake them (they get all melt-y usually, right?!). These don't really spread, which is actually kind of nice, because you can fit a TON onto your cookie sheet this way :) And they ARE delicious!

So here's my recipe: an original something Betsy, lol.


Preheat oven to 350* and get 2 bowls and 2 cookie sheets

Mix in one bowl:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding powder

Mix in second bowl:

1 stick softened butter
1 stick softened margarine
cream butters, and then mix in
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
then mix in
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

Add dry ingredients until well mixed, then add
a whole bag of mint chips :-D (You COULD use regular chips I GUESS)

Then using one of those nifty cookie scoops that's like a mini ice cream scoop, put dough on un-greased cookie sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes. Less is definitely more here... but more is still yummy:)

Enjoy!! (Warm or cool, or a week old. All still delicious.)


-Betsy

No comments: