March 8, 2011

Grilled Mushrooms

The other day I decided we needed to eat the mushrooms in the fridge... and hubby LOVES them with red wine vinegar, sauteed... but I don't. I HATE Red Wine Vinegar. Every time I make him mushrooms and red wine vinegar, he's reminded a FEW times of how much this proves I love him. Even IF I'm making myself plain mushrooms as well, and this means that he has TWO pots to clean instead of just one. Don't be fooled hubby... it's still proof of love.

SO, I figured that instead of proving my love and dirtying two pots and having to smell that nasty vinegar (sorry to all those who love it, I SO don't), I'd make GRILLED mushrooms. Have people ever made grilled mushrooms before? Probably... but I'm going to pretend they haven't and I'm a major trend setter.


 I washed them off, broke off the stems, doused them with a little bit of olive oil, sprinkled them with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and a splash of balsamic vinegar (things I THOUGHT I'd remembered from an old stuffed mushrooms recipe... but in cabinet form, and the only vinegar I'll eat). Then off to the grill they went with the pork chops. They got put on the hot part of the grill, crown up, pork chops on the medium portion, 4 minutes later everything got flipped over (crown down so juices would collect inside), another 4 minutes and dinner was ready! (I had cooked rice already). I tossed them in a bowl again and all that veggie juice covered them, and it was DELICIOUS.

-Betsy

No comments: